Wednesday, September 17, 2008

La Rentree De L'Ecole

Lifes ok.. JJ is at the Lycee, he had a little scare with the "not working so good" scooter today (when apparently th accellerator got stuck on and it wouldnt brake on the way the hill to school and he fell off with a few leg and hand scrapes) - sounds like God is giving him a little reminder to behave and im glad to say he will be cycling to school tomorrow. Likes the new school, has some friends and is joining in with activities as far as i can tell. I don't need to document his recent teenage behaviour and how much it has enraged and violated me as a parent - but you can imagine - he is 15 for gods sake!

On a more positive note: On deciding to teach English at my daughter's school and then watching a show about how bad English teachers are in England, I decided that I needed some kind of skills to teach English, even to 6-7 year olds, that I should set myself up to succeed in this... so...

I have bought my TEFL course, Dad its ok, i dont want u to pay half but you can take me to the Peldon Rose for a slap up meal next time I am over and I will proudly show you my certificates in:
TEACHING ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE
TEACHING ENGLISH GRAMMAR
TEACHING STUDENTS ONE TO ONE
TEACHING 6-12 YEAR OLDS
TEACHING BUSINESS FRENCH
TEACHING LARGE CLASSES

I am loving the course so far - bought it on Monday, they said 2 wks possible to complete it but more likely 4-6 weeks - I am on Module 4 (of 11) of the Main TEFL and Module 3 (of 4) of the grammar course already.
Ordered some books from amazon to back up my grammar, teaching and general stuff (and a couple of "chicken soup for the soul" books for jordan) I think i will start teaching next week - tues morning and thurs afternoon or similar. Spoke to the teacher at parents evening last week and I'm due to teach two thirty minute lessons each week (she has me pencilled in for 52hrs this year!)

I am off to go and see my good buddy (my English friend who I have known since i was just 17, back when I was in the UK and now we both live in France.. long story... but she is a few hours south of here)... so tomorrow - to go to quillan house (that my partner still owns, and I visited in the summer) where i forgot to turn off the electricity and water, so will go and drain out the water so that the pipes dont freeze over winter, a quick stop into TOPLA on the way to pimp my ride (buy an air freshener and seat covers and maybe a steering wheel cover !) And I might pop in to see Chloe for lunch if I have the time and will toodle on to stay at Rachel's house and have a good girly catch up. Drive back Friday.

Kelisse's cold is still there, but I will take her to school tomorrow, and hopefull she will be ok - I have told her to soldier on! Got her signed up to Dance for Thursday nights and Theatre now Monday nights (starting at the end of the month) and I might go to line dancing in the same place while she is at theatre.. I decided not to pay for mine on the sign up date (with risk of no places left but I doubt it), and to go along on the first night with my doctors certificate and ask if I can try it out (with full intention of paying for the trimester if i like it)... I am just not sure if I can really handle that country music for an hour and a half - though im sure it should be a laugh!!!

So, feeling positive (about my course), and feeling like i have neglected lots of other stuff: like the scooters were on ebay and sold but both the buyers did not take them, the other stuff i have on ebay only sold like 25 percent of it, didnt go to the I.T. recruitment interview i should have done this morning, havent planned how I am actually going to survive this year financially.... but you know... 8hrs driving can put a lot of things into perspective huh!

LA RENTREE!!!!

No comments: